1. Material that is obscene, pornographic, gratuitously violent, dangerous, illegal (under local and/or international law), racist, hateful, threatening, harassing, or otherwise patently offensive is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, text, images, and videos. Violations may result in permanent bans.
2. Attempting to undermine the administration of either the wiki or the forum is prohibited. Violations may result in permanent bans.
3. Working around a ban in any way is prohibited.
4. We ask that all members show respect for other members.
5. Threads should be posted in the appropriate forum.
6. We ask that you type in intelligible English (although the use of other languages is not forbidden). Difficult-to-read slang such as “leet speak” is to be kept to a minimum, as is typing in all caps. We also encourage you to use a spell checker.
7. Threads about sensitive topics such as religion and politics are not prohibited, but they are to be conducted with an atmosphere of mutual respect, or they may be locked.
8. Impersonating another member is forbidden.
9. Creating multiple accounts is forbidden.
10. Posting multiple similar or identical threads or posts is not allowed.
11. Posting personal information in the public forums is not permitted. We advise against the sharing of personal information via private message, but it is not forbidden. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may occur if you choose to share personal information.
12. Advertising corporate products or services is prohibited. You are allowed to recommend and write reviews for corporate products and services in moderation. You may also advertise your own (individual) products and services as long as it doesn’t break any other rules and is done in moderation.
13. Non-stickied topics in the Nookipedia Central section of the forum (which consists of the Wiki Discussion, Wiki Proposals, and Forum Discussion and Welcome Center sections) and the Animal Crossing Marketplace section of the forum (which consists of Animal Crossing Trading and Animal Crossing WiFi Hub sections) which have not been posted in for more than one month may not be posted in without the permission of a moderator or administrator.
14. Non-stickied topics in the Forum Games section of the forum which have not been posted in for more than three months may not be posted in without the permission of a moderator or administrator.
15. Non-stickied topics in all other forum sections which have not been posted in for more than one month may only be posted in if the new post makes a significant contribution to the topic's discussion. If you are unsure if your post would be allowed, please contact a moderator or administrator.
16. Non-moderators should refrain from attempting to enforce the rules themselves. If they are concerned about a possible rule violation, they should contact a member of the moderating team.